Hi, I'm Jared Asuncion. I love to solve problems. I am experienced in algorithms, programming, and frontend development. For my doctorate in mathematics, I studied algorithmic number theory and elliptic curves. I am interested in open-source software. I am currently self-studying backend development, and French.
For the curious: Guissmo is my second name and is unique enough to be my username in most places.
personal projects2023.11Lola: An App For a Song With Only Four Letter Words
- Uses React components in the Astro open-source web framework
- Syncs lyrics with a hidden YouTube embed
- Presents information from the Rick and Morty API
- Uses React Router for route handling, MobX for state management, Material UI for UI
- Web game which asks the user to guess which city is currently hotter.
- Uses React, OpenWeather API, Teleport Public API and deployed on my VPS using Docker.
work experience2022 – Software Engineer Jellysmack
- Implements non-standard React components in a video editing web app
- Upgraded Material UI installation of the project
- Generated examples in my thesis using SAGE Math, a library written in Python
- Used Jupyter notebooks to present my code.
- Implemented the Atkin-Morain elliptic curve primality test, which was eventually used to prove the primality of the currently largest known Fibonacci prime.
- My code is now part of the Git repo of the open-source computer algebra software PARI/GP.
- Assigned every semester to teach a combination of undergraduate service courses such as College Algebra, Plane Trigonometry, Algebra and Trigonometry, Elementary Analysis I and Elementary Analysis II.
education2017 – 2022PhD in Mathematics Université de Bordeaux and Universiteit Leiden2014 – 2016ALGANT Master Programme Universiteit Leiden and Université de Bordeaux
- Passed a course on Cryptology in the Netherlands (168 hrs).
- Passed a course on Public Key Cryptography Algorithms in France (168 hrs).